25 June 2013

Mr Timothy Flaxton-Buoys

The chief executive of the Tripe Marketing Board today announced his retirement from the post.  Since his appointment at the end of 2012, Mr Timothy Flaxton-Buoys has overseen a dramatic increase in interest in tripe which Sir Norman Wrassle, chairman, has described as 'spectacular'.

Before joining the TMB, Mr Flaxton-Buoys had a successful career as chief executive of the Bolton Opera House. Speaking at a meeting of the Westhoughton Women's Union today, he said: "I won't pretend it has been easy promoting tripe, but I have enjoyed almost every minute of my time here.  There are people who claim tripe is a food of the past.  Well, that's not true. It may not be to everyone's taste, but I firmly believe it will capture the attention of the nation as the government's austerity measures really begin to bite."

Mr Flaxton-Buoys plans to use his newly-acquired passion for tripe by offering a consultancy service to tripe retailers across the north west.  "I'm particularly concerned that people take care in offering a quality product, and I hope they commission me to help them," he said.

In a tribute to Mr Flaxton-Bouys, Sir Norman Wrassle said: "I would like to thank Tim for the work he has done for us. Care, Quality, Commission. It's thanks to people like Tim that these words are already synonymous with tripe."

No comments:

Post a Comment