13 August 2013

The Tripe Marketing Board and Richie Benaud

Tripe Marketing Board chairman Sir Norman Wrassle has ordered an immediate review of the TMB's social media strategy.  The review comes after Sir Norman became embroiled in protracted correspondence with what later emerged as a 'parody' Richie Benaud, rather than with the celebrated Australian cricketer and commentator himself.

Speaking at a hastily arranged press conference as the summer of tripe and sport draws to a close, Sir Norman said: "I am relatively new to the likes of Twitter myself, so can be excused perhaps for not realising that the character on Twitter was not the real deal. But that same excuse does not extend to the many interns and retired tripe dressers who have been assisting us with our @TripeUK Twitter account."

Sir Norman promised that all TMB tweeters would be attending additional training sessions to bring them up to speed:  "I am slightly embarrassed by this unfortunate occurrence.  I knew we were being followed on Twitter by a variety of animals that probably aren't real animals but I had no idea there were fake or parody celebrity accounts out there.  It makes one question the nature of reality. One begins to wonder what is real and what isn't. I have already removed fifteen people from the list of people I personally follow."

Sir Norman had written an open letter to 'Richie Benaud' after comments he had made on Twitter regarding tripe.  A response has been received, which is available here.  Sir Norman said: "It took me several hours to read the letter and as far as I am concerned this matter is now closed."

No comments:

Post a Comment