1 August 2013

TMB Passes Media Storm Test With Flying Colours

The Tripe Marketing Board has hit back at critics who have accused it of squandering a major opportunity to promote tripe.

Speaking from his Lytham home tonight, Tripe Marketing Board chairman Sir Norman Wrassle said: "Earlier this evening, whilst enjoying the splendid hospitality afforded by Lancashire County Cricket Club, I was made aware that during his test match commentary for Sky Sports, Mr David Lloyd quoted from a confidential letter I had recently sent him.  My displeasure was tempered when I later learnt that, within an hour, our website had received more than 15,000 'hits'.  My communications team advises me that this represents 14,800 more than for the previous two years.


"Unfortunately, whilst this was happening my staff were out of the office attending a training course on How To Deal With A Media Storm held at Samlesbury Hall, near Blackburn.  When they returned to the office at around 5pm, they were uncertain how to respond to the vast number of ansaphone messages, e-mails and faxes we received from media as diverse as the Aspull Argus, the Wigan & Standish Observer and Radio Lytham.
 

"As a result, I diverted our key Twitter personnel to assist with the responses and I am pleased to say that the vast majority have now been dealt with and they will be returning to their normal duties with immediate effect.

"It is not true to say that we have squandered a chance to promote tripe. I believe we dealt with the matter as effectively as we could in the circumstances.  I believe Mr Lloyd's comments today can only be good for our product and I would like to publicly thank him for the service he has rendered us.  We are confident that more people will Choose Tripe than at any time since VE-Day."


It is not yet clear whether Mr Geoffrey Boycott intends to accept Sir Norman's invitation to take the Tripe Taste Challenge.  We hope to be able to make an announcement in due course.



No comments:

Post a Comment