30 April 2014

TMB Chairman denies media rumours

Sir Norman Wrassle
Tripe Marketing Board chairman, Sir Norman Wrassle, has denied media rumours that he will definitely be standing as a candidate in the forthcoming Newark by-election.

The election, caused by the resignation from Parliament of former Tory MP Patrick Mercer over a cash-for-questions scandal on Tuesday, has led to suggestions that Sir Norman will be standing on a 'Free Tripe For The Over-85s' ticket.

Speaking to Lancashire Radio on Tuesday evening, he said: "What I've got to work out is, is it the right seat for me?  I haven't particularly got connections with the local area, but against that, perhaps I'm quite well known.  So I've got to weigh it up, and by lunchtime tomorrow, I will have decided."

Sir Norman said he was unsure whether Newark was the right constituency to raise the tripe banner, but kept his options open by saying "I'm tempted!"

In a poll of tripe consumers in November 2013, over 65% said they would vote for a Tripe Party if it stood candidates in a general election.  "Voting Tripe would send a clear message to Westminster that people are looking for a change," Sir Norman said.   

No comments:

Post a Comment