24 November 2014

Greatest Lancastrian

As we approach Lancashire Day on Thursday 27 November, it's the question that's on everyone's lips - who is the Greatest Lancastrian in 2014?

In previous years, the 'Rochdale Cowboy' Mike Harding and cricketing legend and Sky Sports TV presenter David 'Bumble' Lloyd have both lifted the trophy in the keenly-contested competition.  But who gets your vote?

Tripe lovers can vote now via this link.  For the third year running, the contest is sponsored by TMB Books. Launching the competition earlier today, Tripe Marketing Board chairman said: "It's never easy choosing the best of the crop.  How can you judge between Cilla Black and Emmeline Pankhurst?  I know I couldn't. Thankfully, I don't have to.  We'll leave it to the great Lancashire public to decide!"

Sir Norman dismissed suggestions that his own inclusion in the shortlist was unmerited. "I don't expect to win, but I've done my bit for tripe this year, so I'm not in the least embarrassed to make the cut," he said.


No comments:

Post a Comment