|Tripe Lovers of the World Unite!|
"Tripe is a beautiful thing. It brings you back from the edge when you think there’s no hope."
What is World Tripe Day?
World Tripe Day is an opportunity for tripe lovers to celebrate their love of tripe. And what better way to celebrate than to eat it?
Why not buy some tripe from your local tripe stockist and prepare a dish in the comfort of your own home? Even better, why not share your love of tripe with others and hold a tripe party?
Many people prefer to celebrate special occasions by dining out.
That's why we are calling on restaurateurs to serve tripe on World Tripe Day so that as many tripe lovers as possible have the opportunity to celebrate in style.
What you can do
- Spread the word about World Tripe Day. Tell your friends and workmates, your local paper or radio station.
- Find out if any tripe-related activities are being planned where you live to celebrate World Tripe Day. If they're not, why not organise something yourself?
- Join Tripe Club - the No. 1 tripe-based membership organisation in the UK
- We want you to let us know how you will be celebrating World Tripe Day. Tell us your tripe tales. Send us your tripe recipes.
- Buy a tripe book and spend the day enjoying it.
- And after the big day send us your stories and pictures of how you celebrated World Tripe Day.
2018 celebrations will commence in Sofia, Bulgaria - but don't worry if you can't make it to Sofia, there'll be something happening more local to you. Why not subscribe to Tripe Industry News for updates? There's no charge, and you won't be sent Spam.
Why is World Tripe Day celebrated on 24 October?
Tripe is mentioned twice in Samuel Pepys Diary. On 24 October 1662, Pepys wrote:
'So home and dined there with my wife upon a most excellent dish of tripes of my own directing'
On the other date on which he mentions eating tripe, 9 April 1664, he threw up so it was not felt to be a suitable date on which to celebrate World Tripe Day.